History and Founder
Founder and President Sheryl Davis Kohl is synonymous with Beacon Staffing Alternatives.
She launched the company in 1999 along with her mother Patricia, centralizing an office along the vibrant Route 40 business corridor.
Sheryl and her family had established an independent staffing agency in Bel Air, Md. in 1985. Later, she and her mother ran a local franchise of a national staffing operation. Under Sheryl’s leadership, the business expanded with sales reaching more than $4 million annually.
Sheryl maintains strong ties to the community and Beacon Staffing supports local organizations and causes.
Sheryl Davis Kohl, Founder and Principal
Professional Experience and Accolades25+ years as owner and manager of staffing agencies
- member of the House of Delegates, representing District 34A, 2005-07
- Baltimore SmartCEO’s Future 50 Award (2x)
- National Service to Youth Award, Boys and Girls Clubs of America
- Maryland’s Top 100 Women, The Daily Record (2x)
- Volunteer of the Year, Community Action Agency
- Top 100 Minority Business Enterprises (2x)
- Athena Award Winner for women’s leadership
- BA, Political Science, Albright College
- Masters in Public Administration, University of Baltimore
- board executive committee and legislative committee, Harford County Chamber of Commerce
- treasurer of the Susquehanna Workforce Network
- past president and current board member at Harford Community Action Agency
- member of the personnel advisory board for Harford County Government
- board member for the Boys & Girls Clubs of Harford County
- chaplain of the tech support unit for Abingdon Fire Company