Temporary Job Placement
- You need a job but you need flexibility, too.
- Maybe you want to work while your children are in school, or only at night, or only on weekends.
- Maybe you are sharing responsibility for aging parent, and that means you can only work every other week.
- Maybe you want to check out a potential employer before you commit to a long-term position.
- Working for a temp agency may work for you.
What’s Great About Temp Work?
- You work only when you want to, where you want to.
- Only one employer on your resume – Beacon Staffing Alternatives – although you’ll report to work onsite with our clients.
- Weekly pay, and a week’s paid vacation after working 1,800 hours for Beacon Staffing Alternatives.
- BSA works with many area employers, some of which are flexible about workers with less than stellar backgrounds who have made a fresh start.
- If you have a resume, please submit it to us, but we do require all applicants to come into our office to fill out an application and to interview.
- We are open Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. and accept new applications from 9 a.m. – 11:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. – 3 p.m. Pay day is every Friday beginning at 8 a.m.
- Bring two forms of identification with you. Call us if you want to bring something other than a driver’s license and a social security card to ensure the documents will meet the requirements of Homeland Security.
- We will check your references and do a criminal background screening.
- Some employers require us to conduct drug screens and skills assessments.
- If you accept an assignment, we expect you to complete it. If you are sick or can’t report to work for some reason, we expect you to call us as soon as possible. People who no-show, no-call are ineligible to work for Beacon Staffing Alternatives again.
- We have literally hundreds of people working with us to find them temporary or permanent jobs. When a job order comes in, we look first at applicants who have called us that day and reported themselves as “Ready to Work”. We ask applicants to call us every day when they are available to be placed.
- As our staffing managers become familiar with your work, i.e. reliability, skills, dedication and attitude, it is likely you will be placed more often. We want only the best employees for our clients.