Woman-Owned Staffing Firm in MD
Quality. Integrity. Reliability. Community.
Headquartered in Central Maryland, Beacon Staffing Alternatives, Inc. is a women-owned, MBE certified staffing agency that serves diverse industries in Aberdeen and Baltimore, including Harford and Cecil counties. Our state-of-the-art portals enable employees and job seekers 24-7 online access to resources. We value relationships, nurturing clients that have been with us for decades and welcoming new employers regularly.
Beacon Staffing Alternatives sets the standard for temp and staffing agencies in Maryland. Our personal knowledge and experience in the local community, combined with our contemporary approach to staffing management, makes us your trusted guide with proven results.
Beacon staffing has a consistent record of success in the following areas:
State and local government
Our Guiding Principles
Like our partners, Beacon Staffing Alternatives is a business with high standards and expectations.
Our work for clients and job seekers is simply top notch. We insist on thoroughness in every single step of the process. The result: valuable win-win connections that wholly meet the needs of businesses and workers.
We’ve earned a strong reputation as a company you can trust. Our staff is highly principled and steadfast in doing the right thing. Employers, employees, and the community know they can count on Beacon Staffing.
Responsiveness, follow-through, efficiency—these elements ensure that we meet deadlines, fulfill promises and come through for our clients and candidates time after time.
Roles We Fill
At Beacon Staffing, we place candidates in temporary, temp-to-perm, and direct hire roles in the following specialties:
Decades of Staffing Success
Founder and President Sheryl Davis Kohl is synonymous with Beacon Staffing Alternatives.
She launched the company in 1999 along with her mother Patricia, centralizing an office along the vibrant Route 40 business corridor.
Sheryl and her family had established an independent staffing agency in Bel Air, Md. in 1985. Later, she and her mother ran a local franchise of a national staffing operation. Under Sheryl’s leadership, the business expanded with sales reaching more than $4 million annually.
Sheryl maintains strong ties to the community and Beacon Staffing supports local organizations and causes.
Sheryl Davis Kohl, Founder and Principal
Professional Experience and Accolades
- 25+ years as owner and manager of staffing agencies
- Baltimore SmartCEO’s Future 50 Award (2x)
- National Service to Youth Award, Boys and Girls Clubs of America
- Maryland’s Top 100 Women, The Daily Record (2x)
- Volunteer of the Year, Community Action Agency
- Top 100 Minority Business Enterprises (2x)
- Athena Award Winner for women’s leadership
- BA, Political Science, Albright College
- Masters in Public Administration, University of Baltimore
- Community Involvement
- Board President of Aberdeen Chamber of Commerce
- Past president and current board member at Harford Community Action Agency
- Past President of Boys & Girls Clubs of Harford and Cecil Counties
Beacon Staffing Community Commitment
Beacon Staffing Alternatives gives back to the community in which our people live and work. The company, as well as individual staff members, actively supports the following organizations:
Our Credentials Offer Alternatives
Current Registration Statutes: Active in CCR
- 561320 – Temporary Help Services
- 561310 – Employment Placement Agencies
- 541614 – Logistics Management Consulting Services
Baltimore City: WBE 08-005106
State of Maryland: MBE DBE 01-022
Certified WOSB – Women Owned Small Business
Certified WBENC – Women’s Business Enterprise